A Commitment to Excellence
Founder and President Rob Kuepfer started Vinyl Trends in 2000, creating mats and RV products made from various repurposed vinyl and foam materials. Since then, we have diverted over 100 million pounds of industrial and automotive seconds and scrap from North American landfills.
Vinyl Trends then developed a high-performance underlayment for a large OEM direct attach laminate manufacturer. Thus began a journey of examining the features of existing products in the flooring industry, and similar products in the automotive, aerospace and medical industries. From that research, a full line of flooring underlayment was developed and marketed through distribution first, and then through retail.
Today, Vinyl Trends is considered a leader in this industry with high quality products and excellent customer service.
Entering the retail sector offered Vinyl Trends the opportunity to enlarge the product offering. With relationships at Home Depot, Lowes, Rona, Home Hardware, and others, we established a strong supplier scorecard and were encouraged to utilize those successes to develop diverse lines of products. Today, we leverage our retail partnership to offer our expertise to international companies looking to enter the North American market.
We are guided by a distinct set of principles:
- Serve one another is our primary responsibility.
- Value healthy human relationships, treating one another with respect, forgiveness, compassion, patience, kindness, and tolerance.
- Act ethically, with integrity and honesty.
- Create an environment that is physically, emotionally, and spiritually safe.
- Recognize that the contribution of each individual is essential to success.
- Create a culture of environmental responsibility.
We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have developed.
Meet the Executive, Operations and Sales Team at Vinyl Trends.
Life outside the office is at its best when I am with my wife of 22 years and our four kids. The adventure never stops and its amazing seeing them take flight in their own lives. Road trips, camping or backyard movies and maybe a little disc golf, it really doesn’t matter. I just love to experience life with them. I am also surrounded by amazing friends who encourage me to grow in my Christian faith.
I am blessed.
A beautiful day starts with a beautiful mindset.
I enjoy being outdoors to conduct renovation projects, often working with our products that are in development or currently being sold through our major accounts. I appreciate having first-hand experience with the products we make and distribute. My passion for playing hockey also permits me to share quality time with people and further build relationships.
What I bring to the table for Vinyl Trends is a combination of sales, retail and customer service experience. I have been doing this for the last 40 years. Leadership, collaboration, integrity, passion, quality and respect are my values.
"Whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God." -1Cor.10:31
- Profit 500 list as one of the fastest growing businesses in Canada 5 years in a row
- Patented Seal Guard seaming system
- We offer the only ZeroVOC® underlayment on the market
- Diverted over 100 million pounds of industrial and automotive seconds and scrap from North American landfills